Gain the Advantage of Association
The services provided by SEFA are determined by the members. Every member has a strong voice in the association. SEFA is governed by a membership-elected Board of Directors and a variety of task-oriented committees. The organization provides responsiveness and immediacy in dealing with industry issues.
SEFA holds its Annual Meeting in the United States, in early Fall (October/November). Our committees meet via web conference throughout the year. SEFA also hosts a Dinner Reception each year in Dubai during the ARABLAB Expo. We also host events and/or seminars during ACHEMA, JASIS and the analytica. Please e-mail us if you are interested in attending as a non-member.
Our meetings provide an opportunity for the Association's working committees to share their recommendations with the membership at large. The committees also get additional membership guidance for ongoing work at these meetings. SEFA holds summits during these meetings and conferences to focus on key industry issues.
In addition to providing a unique network for member communications, the meetings also bring the insights of important guest speakers. In recent meetings, SEFA members have shared thoughts with:
- a scientist who manages an environmental and biotechnology research laboratory
- the chairman of the leading association of business economists in the country
- a panel of architects who work regularly with our industry
- a lab president and industrial hygienist who is a nationally known fume hood expert
- the director of purchasing for a major laboratory system
- lab safety specialists for Harvard and MIT
- well-known attorneys specializing in contracts and industry-sensitive issues
SEFA has four membership classes --
- Executive Members are manufacturers and fabricators of laboratory furniture, equipment and fixtures. The annual fee for Executive Membership is $4774.00, if the company's revenues are more than $15 million or $2513.00 annually if the company's revenues are less than $15 million.
- Advisory Board Members are an elite group of laboratory design professionals (architects, engineers, facilities personnel, etc.,) nominated by SEFA's Board of Directors as a way of honoring these individuals for their professional accomplishments and also providing them with an educational forum to share their expertise with SEFA Members, collaborate with each other and the next generation of design professionals. Advisory Board Members receive complimentary membership for their firm for their three year term of service.
- Sustaining Members are laboratory furniture dealers and installers. The annual fee for Sustaining Members is $3770.00 if their company revenues exceed $15 million. For applicants with revenues less than $15 million, the annual fee would be $1885.00.
- Associate Members are architects, laboratory planners, designers, general contractors and engineers. The fee for the Associate Members is $880.00 annually.
All applications must be accompanied by two (2) letters of reference from the following : (1) A Supplier and (2) An Architect/Owner or Lab Planner.
In addition, a SEFA Member must complete a SEFA Member Reference Form on behalf of the applicant. We will send the form directly to our member once you provide us with the name of the Company that will endorse your application.
Under Article 3 Section 3.1(a)(4) of SEFA's By-Laws as amended November 6, 2015, all applicants for Executive Membership "shall also submit a certified test report from a SEFA-approved testing facility, establishing that the applicant manufactures laboratory furniture or related equipment at its manufacturing facility which complies with at least one of SEFA's Recommended Practices in effect at the time the membership application is submitted by the applicant."
If you are interested in applying for membership click on the appropriate link below. You have the option of completing the application process online or if you prefer, download the pdf form for submission to the SEFA offices by email or facsimile. Please note that the Executive Membership Application requires disclosure of certain information which you, the applicant, may consider to be classified or confidential in nature. This information will be used by SEFA staff and the Board of Directors, solely for the purpose of determining eligibility for membership and will be held in the strictest of confidence.
SEFA EXECUTIVE MEMBERSHIP - (apply online) or (pdf download)
SEFA SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIP (apply online) or (pdf download)